Let’s face it. The past 12-18 months have taken a huge toll on Australia’s 2.3 million small business owners, their teams and families.
For most, 2020 is a year they would prefer to forget. However, for others the pandemic has served as a catalyst for significant growth, leaving many small businesses facing a different type of stress.
Millions of hard-working small businesses overcome enormous obstacles every day to create value for customers, jobs for employees, and serve their communities. There’s a good reason they are known as the “engine room” of the economy.
Small businesses continue to dig deep as we navigate through the pandemic, demonstrating their grit and agility. However, more than ever before, the smartest future investment they can make is in the wellbeing of their people – their greatest asset. For small business owners particularly, they need to “put their oxygen mask on first”.
In this interactive discussion, drawing on the extensive expertise and on-the-ground insights of our panelists, we’ll delve into:
· some of the unique current stresses facing small business and their owners
· why investing in wellbeing is critical for business owners and their teams to thrive
· where small businesses can access the support they need, particularly in tough times
· how small businesses can ensure they meet their psychological health and safety obligations
· what you can do to support small business clients
But most importantly, the session will leave small businesses, and those that support them, with a host of practical resources for integrating wellbeing into business practice.