New laws dealing with heavy vehicles and the chain of responsibility are due to commence on 1 July 2018. In this webinar, Gillian Bristow from our transport and logistics team will discuss:
- the role that primary producers play in the chain of responsibility under the Heavy Vehicle National Law
- the new primary duty obligation on parties in the chain
- the new penalties regime
- how primary producers can ensure they comply with the new regime
- frequently asked questions including:
- Is it my job, as a primary producer, to check licences, vehicles and paperwork of transport operators?
- What are my obligations in relation to the weight/mass of loads that I consign?
- What terms are not permitted to be in contracts with transport operators?
We hope you can join us.